Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Post 9: Smart-notebook lesson review

http://exchange.smarttech.com/details.html?id=d0093dc6-8170-495f-b585-ca319d271821

I decided to do a quick search in the exchange section of the SMART website for my favorite author, Dr.Seuss, just to see what would come up. I am so glad that I did! Scrolling through the various presentations on celebrating his birthday... which I wasn't really interested in, I found an excellent lesson on One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

The author of this lesson did a phenomenal job with not only incorporating all of the functions of the smartboard and smart notebook, but really laying out the purpose for teaching the lesson and what resources they utilized. I was impressed with the layout, color selection, and general appearance and flow of the smart-notebook lesson.

The activities in this lesson ranged from phonics (word families, etc), to compare and contrast, to just plain fun activities feature Dr.Seuss's amazing characters and silly words. This would be a great lesson to do in conjunction with Dr.Seuss's birthday and after reading the book one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. I really like SMART notebook lessons that incorporate a hands-on, old-fashioned activity as well (such as a read-aloud or a craft project). This project provides opportunities to utilize the technology as well as engage the students with Dr.Seuss's stories through read alouds and various in-class activities. This lesson was definitely a worth while find!

No comments:

Post a Comment